FAQs and Spa Guide
Welcome to Heights Skincare & Wellness Retreat. We look forward to providing you with the best care in a timely manner. We have created an intimate, warm, and relaxing environment: your sanctuary from the busy and stressful outside world. Please know that our Spa policies are to ensure that each and every one of our guests will enjoy their experience.
We value your business and appreciate your cooperation with our cancellation policy. We require that you advise us at least 24-hours in advance if you need to change or cancel an appointment we have held for you. We may charge up to the full amount of the service to your credit card for a cancellation within 24 hours of your appointment. If you fail to appear for your appointment without attempting to cancel your appointment beforehand, the full amount of the service will be charged to your credit card. For pre-purchased series of treatments, that session will be applied toward the series. Appointments booked for the same day are considered confirmed and cannot be cancelled, to adhere to our 24-hour cancellation policy.
Please understand that we allot a specific amount of time for each service. All spa appointments have been designed to allow the appropriate time for the full enjoyment of the service. Your late arrival may limit our ability to offer the fullest experience possible. Please understand that late arrivals will not receive an extension of scheduled treatments. You will be responsible for the full service.
- Please put your cell phone on vibrate while visiting our Spa, so as not to disturb other guests during their treatment. Additionally, if you need to make a phone call we kindly ask that you step outside.
- A spa is a great place to get a little alone time, so it is best not to bring children under the age of 16, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- It is best not to wear perfume or cologne in the spa area or to classes. Some people may be allergic and the scent may take away from the relaxation and comfort of the spa.
- Arrive at least 15-30 minutes early so you can enjoy an unhurried transition into the spa and shower if necessary. Spas start and end all treatments on time. If you are late, your treatment time will be shortened.
- Unless your pet is for guide purposes, pets are best left at home.
- We provide Spa robes for your treatments. Some treatments require special attire, so ask when you book your service if you need to bring any other attire or change of undergarments
Our services do not include gratuity. 18 to 22 percent is customary, but you may of course leave more or less, based on your satisfaction. Feel free to hand the tip to the therapist directly OR at the reception desk. If you received multiple services from different people (a massage therapist, a facial esthetician, etc.), please leave a separate tip for each of them.
Inform the spa of any medical conditions or allergies you have before booking a service. This ensures we provide the right service for your needs. Some services may have stipulations on who should receive them. Also, please tell your therapist if you are wearing contact lenses before you have a facial. .
Tips for a great spa experience
How should I prep for a wax?
- Do not shave or wax for at least 3 to 4 weeks prior to your treatment. Hait should be long enough to pinch and pull with your fingertips.
- For Brazilian and bikini waxes, you may trim before your appointment, however be advised that if you trim too much, the max may not adhere. Our skilled technicians are happy to trim at the time of your service.
- Female clients may have heightened sensitivity during the week prior to or during their cycle.
- Limit your caffeine intake the day of your waxing service. Caffeine stimulates the nervous system and increases sensitivity
- Taking an NSAID 30-45 minutes prior to your appointment may help make your waxing experience more comfortable,
Before your wax, please don't;
- Use Retin-A/Renova for at least 30 days.
- Use Accutane for at least one year.
- Use peels (glycolic, AHA, etcetera) or dermabrasion on the area for at least 24 hours.
- Consume excessive amounts of alcohol or sunbathe for at least 48 hours.
- Use self-tanners, exfoliants or moisturizers the day of the service – they can cause irritations to the sensitive hair follicles that are open after waxing.
After waxing, your skin can be tender and irritated and will need to be babied for a day or so. We recommend the following tips:
- Avoid hot water on the newly waxed area, and definitely no hot baths unless everything’s calmed down.
- Avoid tanning or sunbathing for at least 24 hours after waxing, and don’t forget the sunblock!
- Refrain from activites that cause you to sweat for 24 hours.
- Certain skin care products containing acid should be avoided for at least 48 hours. Steer clear of glycolic acid, alpha-hydroxy acid, salicylic acid, or anything with "acid" in the ingredients.
With waxing, there is always a possibility of irritation, rashes, or minor bumps, especially on those with super-sensitive skin. Over-the-counter remedies such as aloe vera gel or hydrocortisone will help treat most of these problems. If you experience any reaction that concerns you, please contact your dermatologist immediately.
I’m curious about getting a peel — tell me more.
Peels can have a transformative effect on your skin, but need the right preparation. If you are interested in receiving a peel, please call to set up a complimentary skin analysis/consultation with one of our estheticians prior to reserving a time for your peel. This analysis will ensure whether or not you are a candidate for the peel process.